which stands for Film Fashion Friday
I don’t know exactly where I’m going with this. i also know this is not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but… i can’t help it. One of the things that drawn me the most, about a blog with so many different topics, was the challenge of trying to get all of those together (or at least find some connections). That’s when #FFF (film fashion friday) came to me. I thought it could be cool to talk about fashion from films and how can be integrated in the narrative and speech.
This is time of fears and firsts but i want to do it anyways so, we’ll see how things go with this “section”.
I Was cleaning a bit my phone of old pictures and apps that i don’t really use anymore and once i log in Villoid, i stumbled upon this board i created a year ago. For those of you who don’t know this, Villoid is an app developed by Alexa Chung where you can create outfits, inspirational boards… just like back in the day with Polyvore. Please don’t mind the cheesiness of the caption, thank you!
Somewhere (2010) is a film directed by Sofia Coppola. The storyline is about a Hollywood actor who is immersed in a routine of parties and prostitutes until his daughter Cleo (Elle Fanning) comes into the picture breaking that circle.
BIG honorable mention to Harris Savides, cinematographer, who provides the film with the aesthetics and small but so important details, just working with light and colour.
i´ve been kind of wanting to revisit this film for a long time now but the thing is, this has one of my favourite songs in the world and, do you know that fear that makes you avoid listening to a special song so you don´t get sick of it? That’s what happened. Spoiler alert, i teared up a bit today (but just a bit).
Right in the moment i saw the board it gave me a massive summery, palm trees, swimming pool vibes.
This film is locate in a Pal treed L.A full of people obsessed with fame and trivial things. As a landscape, it draws a contemporary one that turns out timeless at times (if that make any sense). Its like a seventies postcard that comes back over and over again. Something that gets reflected in fashion aswell.
Elle’s character is light and pureness in a world of fame hunger, lust and emptiness and It’s represented by light, clothes and even actions.
she is swimming pools, sunny ping pong, home cooked meals, gelato in bed and guitar hero. All i can only dream of nowadays. (Please, can it be summer vacation already?) And she does it with teen style outfits that are familiar to what we can see in shops for this summer coming.
- Mango https://shop.mango.com/es/mujer/bikinis-y-banadores-banadores/banador-rayas_23067018.html
- Stradivarius https://www.stradivarius.com/es/mujer/ropa/shop-by-product/baño/bañador-escote-pico-rayas-multicolor-c1020160505p300686507.html?colorId=350
- Zara https://www.zara.com/es/es/bañador-estampado-rayas-p05410009.html?v1=5897060&v2=398505
- Zara https://www.zara.com/es/es/mono-rayas-p05580411.html?v1=6092403&v2=398505
- Pull and bear https://www.pullandbear.com/es/mujer/ropa/vestidos/vestido-rayas-lazada-c29016p500846501.html
- Mango https://shop.mango.com/es/mujer/vestidos-cortos/vestido-cuadro-vichy_23020639.html
- Topshop http://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/dresses-485107/gingham-mini-pinafore-dress-7547906?bi=176&ps=20
- Topshop http://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/dresses-485107/printed-camisole-dress-by-oh-my-love-7654385?bi=464&ps=20
- Pull and bear https://www.pullandbear.com/es/mujer/ropa/vestidos/vestido-paradise-rústico-multirrayas-c29016p500925549.html
- Topshop http://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/dresses-485107/petite-striped-shirred-midi-dress-7454693?bi=256&ps=20
- Backpack https://www.fjallraven.com/shop/kanken-F23510-warm-yellow-random-blocked/?sku=7323450363246
- Sunglasses https://www.bershka.com/es/mujer/accesorios/gafas/gafas-de-sol-c1010193149p101316613.html?colorId=800
What do you think about it? Have you guys seen the movie? Let me know your thoughts and opinions. I would love to hear it!